TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes | SERVINGS: 4
6 oz butter
1 28-oz can whole peeled tomatoes in puree
3 Tbsp garlic-ginger paste
1 Tbsp garam masala
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thigh in 2″ chunks (chunky = good)
1/2 C heavy cream
1/2 C chopped cilantro
- Break down the whole tomatoes into tiny pieces (use spatula or your hands to smash tomatoes).
- SAUTE the butter in Instant Pot.
- When the butter is mostly melted, pour in the tomatoes and the garlic-ginger paste.
- Add all the spices and mix well. Mix really well.
- Place the chicken on top of the sauce. If the chicken is frozen, then push it deeper into the sauce.
- Set Instant Pot to POULTRY mode and cook for 10 minutes (or 12 minutes for frozen chicken).
- When the cooking ends, naturally vent for 10 minutes.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE mode, and add the heavy cream and mix well. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and mix. Set the Instant Pot to KEEP WARM.